One of Black Rock’s specialties is rope and conductor handling, for mines and for other applications.
Rope and Conductor Handling Specialists
Whether it’s a new system or a modification to an existing one, Black Rock Engineering can provide the study and detail design. We have experience with:
- Pullers, tensioners, and puller/tensioner machines and systems.
- Hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical hoists and winches (friction and drum).
- Hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical controls
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems (closed or/and opened loop)
- Ropes and conductor attachments.
- Stringing accessories
- Sheaves and blocks.
- Design and selection of power transmission equipment such as: gearboxes, brakes, clutches, anti-friction bearings, hydrodynamic bearings, couplings, backstop, speed variator and transmissions, VFDs
- Specialty cable selection
Maintenance and Analysis
We provide maintenance engineering and/or analysis for paper equipment, including:
- Preventive and predictive maintenance
- Repair and replacement recommendations and design
- Stress and fatigue analysis for all components listed above (FEA)
- Vibration and Noise
- Machine safety